A become French statue universal symbol: offered to the city of Paris by the committee of the American community of Paris to commemorate the centenary of the French Revolution, the statue of the Liberty of the bridge of Grenelle is a reduction in bronze of the work that the French sculptor Frederic-August Bartholdi had conceived for the port of New York . Installed provisionally in 1885 Place of United States, it was transported on the island to Swans it was inaugurated officially 15 November 1889 in the presence its author. First turned to the uphill (it is-to-tell looking to the tower Eiffel) to does not turn the back to the palace of the "Elysée", the statue was returned to the endorsement in 1967 to the opportunity of the reconstruction of the Bridge of Grenelle. Bartholdi had wished himself that the French statue is in the face of that the port of New York instead of to turn it the back .This Statue was dismantled in 1998 to to be exposed to Tokyo.
Height of the statue: 11.50 meters (20.50 meters with the pedestal). Weight: 14 tons
Louis Haligon participed in the construction of the statue of liberty for New York and for Paris, in workshops of Mr Monduit, Gaget and Gauthier. His family through the generation keep the tradition.
His grand son, Olivier Haligon based in Miami Fl, USA, a very famous Art engeneer, has participed in the restoration of Paris's one 15 years ago. To facilitate the renovation he was commisioned to make a mold of the head from the existing sculpture.
Today, Olivier Haligon plans to realise a limited run of 25 castings of the head of the Satue of Liberty of Paris, reduction of the work that the French sculptor Frederic-August Bartholdi had conceived for the port of New York in 1875.
Those limited editions will be directely made from the authentique mold of Paris's one with cast fiberglass and stainless steel structure, the patina is made with 2 components polyurethane semi gloss paint usually green but can be customized . All work is done in USA
The size with the crown is 7 feet high by 7 feet wide by 4 feet deep, and can be fixed on a pedestal
In Oliver Haligon's workshop, located in Miami Fl , engeneer in art specialist of elargement reduction, realize from this model different sizes and different materials and guarantee the respect of the authenticity
The Statue of Liberty is located in New York. She symbolizes freedom throughout the world.
This Statue represents a woman escaping the chains of tyranny. She holds a torch, which represents liberty. The Statue's full name is Liberty Enlightening the World.
The Statue of Liberty National Monument had been offered by France to the city of New York in 1876 to commemorate the centennial of the Independence of United States.
The people of France donated the Statue to the people of the United States over one hundred years ago in recognition of the friendship established during the American Revolution. Over the years, the Statue of Liberty has grown to include freedom and democracy as well as this international friendship. French Sculptor Frederic Auguste Bartholdi was commissioned to design a sculpture with the year 1876 in mind for completion.
The Statue was a joint effort between America and France and it was agreed upon that the American people were to build the pedestal, and the French people were responsible for the Statue and its assembly here in the United States. Bartholdi required the assistance of an engineer to address structural issues associated with designing such as colossal copper sculpture. Alexandre Gustave Eiffel (designer of the Eiffel Tower) was commissioned to design the massive iron pylon and secondary skeletal framework which allows the Statue's copper skin to move independently yet stand upright. Back in Financing for the pedestal was completed in August 1885, and pedestal construction was finished in April of 1886. The Statue was completed in France in July, 1884 and arrived in New York Harbor in June of 1885 on board the French frigate "Isere" which transported the Statue of Liberty from France to the United States. In transit, the Statue was reduced to 350 individual pieces and packed in 214 crates. The Statue was re-assembled on her new pedestal in four months time. On October 28th 1886, the dedication of the Statue of Liberty
The Statue of Liberty is 46 m (151 ft) high. Its base and pedestal increase the height of the monument to 93 m (305 ft).
The construction of the statue began in Paris in 1875, 17 street of Chazelles, in workshops of Mr Monduit, Gaget and Gauthier. Workshops employed 600 persons in 1874.
It would seem that the gadget word comes from the name of Mr Gaget. Indeed it is it that had the idea to create reduced models by the statue so as to to sell them as souvenir.
This construction is rapidly a spectacle for Parisians. The company Monduit, Gaget and Gauthier had two architects, Eugene Violet-Duke and Mr Garnier. It is Eugene Viollet-Le-Duc (1814-1879), that was in cost of the confection of the structure of the statue.
It is the rich Stone manufacturer Eugene Secretan (born in 1834) that offers 300 leaves of copper of 2.37 mm to make the envelope of the statue. It receipt in present the legion of honor for its participation to this work. Unfortunately it was bankrupted in 1889 by the fall of the course of the copper.
It is to leave from the model of the committee of 1.25 m that the statue is enlarged a time first, high of 2.11 m to the summit of the head: it is the model to 1/ 16 today preserved to the CNAM. According to this model one made a model to 1/ 4 of a height of 8.5 m to the summit of the head, destroyed to this day but similar in size to the statue of the bridge of Grenelle to Paris. This model to 1/ 4 will be enlarged to the real size by the method of copy measures by tiles.These measures will give birth to a plaster. Then one created an imprint in woods to fashion leaves of copper by the technique of it repelled to the hammer, by pressures and by heating to the pipe. Each leaf of copper, large of 1.4 m maximum, was connected to others provisionally by live them. During the definitive construction to New York of rivets of 5 mm of thickness, spaced of 25 cm and a precise juxtaposition of 80 tons of leaves bevelled rendered the invisible assemblage to the period. Today, because of the dilatation this assemblage is visible.
In 1876, the provisional setting began. The arm and the torch were sent to Philadelphia in the framework of the centenary of the independence of States United. Non entirely satisfied by this first piece of the statue, Frederic-August Bartholdi wished to sell them at the city of Philadelphia, fault of money and especially time, it renounced to this idea.
In 1879, Eugene Viollet-Le-Duc deceased, leaving unfinished structures it internal the statue. Frederic-August Bartholdi asked therefore call to the engineer Gustave Eiffel (1832-1923), known especially to the period for the construction of railroad bridges (The tower Eiffel was hardly in construction).Gustave Eiffel decided an other structure to sustain the statue. It created 4 great pylons in form of L of 0.7 m x 0.6 m and 29.54 m of height, a magnitude to the basis on 5.3 m x 4.2 m and 2.2 m x 1.8 m to the summit. It added there a pylon of 19.81 m for the arm, exceeding then 12.38 m to the over 4 pylons and hung it to bolts of 14 cm of diameter ratified to 15 m of depth. It is this depth that will absorb movements of the statue.
On this frame, flat irons of 5 x 0.8 cm form a skeleton rendering both light, supple and solid the skeleton of the statue. Whole the spirit of Gustave Eiffel and Frederic-August Bartholdi in a statue that will have to struggle against the dilatation and electricity. Against the dilatation, the problem is solved thanks to the elastic structure and envelopes of the dress and against
During the setting in the yard of workshops, the access inside the statue was made by the sandal of the straight foot. Frederic August Bartholdi organized there even a banquet to harvest gifts.To the moment of the setting of the arm and the head, one rectified the structure of Gustave Eiffel to correct an error of idea, thus it is that one displaced slightly the arm.The setting ended in January 1884. During its construction and until its unassembly the brown color statue overhanging roofs of Paris is the most visited monument of the capital. After the discount and inauguration ceremony, the unassembly and the number of coins began. Transported in 214 cases in the process in 70 trucks until Rouen (France) and loaded then on board of the boat "Isere". 21 May, Frederic August Bartholid climbs on board the ship with the commander Lespinasse de Saune, Mr Gaget and will disembark to the Haven, leaving its Liberty in holds of the ship.The statue arrived in the United States in June 1885, while the pedestal was not again ended. It was ascended in 4 month and placed inside the yard in form of star of the Fort Wood (builds 1808 to 1811) on Bedloés Island as it appointed to the period.